Pornography is a poison. It ruins relationships, distorts the image of God in us, and leads to sexual bondage. Whether you are looking for help yourself or for someone you love, Bridgetown Church of Christ has made a number of resources available to point you to the help & guidance you need. These resources are only a starting point. Contact the Church Office for more direct help.
Six Ways to Ruin Your Life - XXXChurch.com Message (Pornography & Pancakes)
In this video, Craig Gross, founder of XXXChurch.com talks about Six Ways to Ruin Your Life with your struggles with sexual sin. XXXChurch.com is a leading site for those looking to break free from the bonds of sexual addiction. This is excellent teaching & top-notch encouragement from an expert in the field. Participant Notes can be downloaded here.
Q&A With Sue King (LPCC)
Sue King, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor in Cincinnati, Ohio answers some common questions about pornography use & abuse. What does recovery look like? Should you tell your significant other? If so, when and what should I tell? Sue is a great resource. If you'd like to get in contact with her, contact Bridgetown Church of Christ here.
RECOMMENDED READING ABOUT ADDICTION
- Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the Gospel by Edward T. Welch
- Open: What Happens When You Get Real, Get Honest, and Get Accountable by Craig Gross
- Pure Eyes: A Man's Guide to Sexual Integrity by Craig Gross
- Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation by Stephen Arterburn
- Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time by Stephen Arterburn
- Wired for Intimacy: How Pornography Hijacks the Male Brain by William M. Struthers
- Sexual Detox: A Guide for Guys Who Are Sick of Porn by Tim Challies
- When Your Husband Is Addicted to Pornography: Healing Your Wounded Heart by Vicki Tiede
- Hide or Seek: When Men Get Real with God About Sex by John Freeman
- Answers in the Heart: Daily Meditations For Men And Women Recovering From Sex
- Addiction by Anonymous
- Letters To A Sex Addict: The Journey through Grief and Betrayal by Wendy Conquest
- Real Hope, True Freedom: Understanding and Coping with Sex Addiction by Milton S. Magness
- Thirty Days to Hope & Freedom: The Essential Guide for Beginning Recovery & Preventing Relapse by Milton S. Magness
- Thirty Days to Hope & Freedom from Sexual Addiction: The Essential Guide to Daily
- Recovery by Milton S Magness and Marsha Means
- Sex Addiction 101: A Basic Guide to Healing from Sex, Porn, and Love Addiction by Robert Weiss
- Sex Addiction 101: The Workbook, 24 Proven Exercises to Guide Sex Addiction Recovery by Robert Weiss
- Your Brain on Porn: Internet Pornography and the Emerging Science of Addiction by Gary Wilson and Anthony Jack
- No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction by Marnie C. Ferree and Mark Laaser
RECOMMENDED READING FOR PARENTS
- The New Age of Sex Education: How to Talk to Your Teen About Cybersex and Pornography in the Digital Age by Jennifer Weeks
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today's Young Kids by Kristen A. Jenson M.A. and Dr. Gail A. Poyner
BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
We have made a few of the books recommended in the PRINT RESOURCES section available for download in PDF format. Click the links to download the books to your computer or device.
- Eyes of Integrity by Craig Gross
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ by John Piper
- Sexual Detox-A Guide for the Married Guy by Tim Challies
- Sexual Detox-A Guide for the Single Guy by Time Challies
The Conquer Series is a DVD teaching series for men. Included in the set are five 1-hour long teaching DVDs and a leader’s DVD. This is not just another study tool for men, but a tried and proven battle plan for purity in a lustful and Godless world.
The host of the Conquer Series is Dr. Ted Roberts, founder of Pure Desire Ministries International and former U.S. Marine Corps fighter pilot in Vietnam. He was the senior pastor of a church in Oregon with over 7000 members and has counseled and discipled men for over thirty years.
Dr. Roberts was trained by world-renowned sex addiction expert, Dr. Patrick Carnes.
Purchase the Conquer Series Curriculum here.
Counseling Alliance offers individual, couple, family, and group counseling for those looking for lasting change. Their mental health professionals have specialized training and certification in relationship difficulties, issues related to infidelity, marriage and relationship counseling, internet pornography addiction and related issues, trauma and abuse, as well as anxiety and depression.
Dr. Tim Barber, the Founder of Counseling Alliance, is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist. He was trained by Dr. Patrick Carnes who developed his training program after years of extensive experience in the field of addiction therapy. His methods are quickly becoming an industry standard for addiction professionals because they work.
The Center for Addiction Treatment is a leader in the treatment of addiction, providing modern scientific approaches to the assessment and medical care of patients with addiction to drugs, alcohol, gambling and other forms of addiction.